It’s time to Vote. Vote early. Vote informed. Vote for what you believe in. Everyone should exercise their civic duty to get out (or stay in) and vote.
The US is in full political campaign mode and pundits from both sides of the aisle are billing this election as one of the most important for generations to come. And people are flocking to have their voices heard by casting ballots in record numbers.
In Harris County, Texas, over 801,000 people have already voted, up 93% form the 2016 election period, according to a USA Today report. A little over a week before the election, Texas as a whole has seen 5.8 million people vote in the election to date, totaling nearly 60% of 2016’s overall total.
States like North Carolina, Virginia, and Michigan are following suit by surpassing records for early voting and mail-in ballot participation.
The country as a whole has reached over 30% of voter turnout, which is an unprecedented number for an unprecedented time in an unprecedented election.
There are no models that can account for all of the variables that come along with the 2020 election. So many are taking projections and polls with a grain of salt. The only true test is to vote in every race.
- Restaurant and apparel spending seem to be making the biggest moves toward recovery in H2 of 2020 based on online sales.
- This is a promising trend as more and more businesses and consumers pivot to digital.
- “Sweatshirts, sweatpants, active bottoms, sleepwear and socks will comprise 31% of total U.S. apparel spending this holiday season, compared to 26% last year, as consumers continue to shift towards comfortable clothing, according to NPD Group, a consumer trends research firm.” – Retail Dive
- “Since the start of the pandemic, there’s been a 42.4% increase in non-food related online sales.” Reviews.io
- Take a look at a collection of the best Shopify Apps to fine-tune your online shopping experience.
- During China’s 5-day Labor Day Holiday livestream eCom sales reached nearly $140 million, an increase of over 400% YoY. – Total Retail
- AR filter users average 75 second session lengths.
- AR generates a 70% higher memory response than static images.
- AR increases purchase conversion rates by 250%.
Streaming (Ad) Wars
- In the first half of 2020 streaming services spent upwards of $1 billion on national TV advertising, up from $328 million in 2019
This article originally appeared by our friends at HawkeMedia.