On today’s episode of the Shopify Ecommerce Podcast, I enjoyed interviewing Henrik Müller-Hansen from Gelato.
This episode is made possible by our friends at LittleData, the Google Analytics app for Shopify stores, to fix your tracking and benchmark performance.
This is Henrik’s story…
Henrik Mueller-Hansen, the CEO and founder of Gelato, shares how his company is helping brands and creators expand their product mix and reach a global audience. Gelato is a software company with no fixed assets, allowing products to be produced in the recipient’s country. With over 130 production partners worldwide, Gelato operates in more than 32 countries and aims to produce personalized products in a smart, faster, and greener way.
In this episode, you will learn:
- The challenges that established brands face when it comes to global platforms.
- The importance of sustainability in e-commerce, including reducing transportation distances and the environmental impact of mass-produced products.
- How established brands can use Gelato to expand into new verticals and address quality considerations such as delivery time, materials, sustainability, and packaging.
Shopify Ecommerce Podcast
Here’s a breakdown of what is covered:
- 04:13 – Expanding Product Mix with Gelato
- 06:36 – Breaking Down Barriers to Global E-commerce
- 08:52 – Quality Considerations for Established Brands
- 09:56 – Quality and Consumer Trends
- 12:01 – Challenges in Print-on-Demand
- 13:47 – The Origin Story of Gelato
- 21:19 – The Creator Economy
- 24:20 – Commercializing Ideas with 3D Printing
- 27:24 – Sustainability in E-commerce
- 29:23 – Local Production and its Impact on ESG: Environmental – Social – Governance
- 33:19 – Global Trade and Carbon Emissions
- 37:32 – Quality Control and Production Partners
- 40:21 – Let Gelato make the decisions on quality
- 42:11 – No cross-border
- 44:03 – Gelato’s onboarding process
- 46:31 – Gelato success stories
- 48:03 – Next-generation opportunities
- 49:26 – Discount code offer
- 50:38 – Benefits of Local Production
Boosting Your Shopify Stores Growth, Revenue, Profits, and Lasting Customer Value
Each week, join Steve Hutt and his knowledgeable guest as they share valuable insights designed to motivate founders and marketers in growing their Shopify stores. Together, we’ll explore top-notch Shopify apps, marketing platforms, and vital growth tactics to enhance efficiency, boost profits, and strengthen customer loyalty. With every episode, you’ll get closer to learning from the pros currently thriving in DTC, ecommerce, and retail!
Links and Resources Mentioned
- Gelato Customer Stories
- Just Lyne
- Gelato Shopify App
- Get 60% off your first product order using code “FASTLANE” – Thanks Henrik!
Loved this episode? Reviews give the show social proof 🙂
“I love how Steve chats with interesting ecommerce partners to help Shopify entrepreneurs like me.” < If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps us support more people — like you — getting one step closer to their desired business growth. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then, let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, follow the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed, and if you’re not following, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Follow now!
Subscribe to the eCommerce Fastlane Podcast and get an instant notification when a new episode is released. We’re available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Support Our Sponsor
Little Data has been bringing server-side tracking to Shopify stores since 2017, and their focus has always been on automatically helping brands get accurate data.
The first thing Shopify merchants notice after installing LittleData is that their Google Analytics data is accurate and 100% complete. LittleData is a no-code solution, and they now have a 30-day free trial on all of their plans. They also offer free data consultations with their analytics experts.
Check out Littledata today with our exclusive free 30-day trial!