This playbook helps you identify and sync your New HVCs using your marketing platforms, so you can easily send them messages and nurture them into even more profitable customers. You can identify who your HVCs are and analyze their purchasing behavior in the Daasity Retention dashboard. Want to learn about how to identify your HVCs? Click here.
Your HVCs are the customers that come back to buy from your store most frequently and generate the lion share of your profits. Although your HVCs are typically a small percent of your overall customers (typically <20%), they will account for the majority (typically >50%) of your profits. These customers love your brand, and if nurtured properly, will continue to purchase from your brand for years.
How to Sync Your HVCs to Your Marketing Channels:
Part 1: Creating an Audiences Target
- In the Daasity app, click on New Target.
- Click on Klaviyo or Attentive Events.
- Under General, create a Name (to ID in Daasity app) and an Event Name (to ID in your Marketing platform).
- Select “Only update existing profiles.”
- Under Authorize Daasity, add your Private API Key or Log in to your account
- Under Audiences Source, make sure that the chosen source is Daasity Customer Segments. Then, choose the New High-Value Customer report.
- Under Data Mapping, sync the appropriate channel for each source:
a. For Klaviyo, type in (or select) $email for the customers.email field; for Attentive, type in (or select) $phone for the customers.phone field
8. Next to CUSTOMER_SEGMENT, type in daasity_segment_new_hvcs
9. Under Schedule, select the frequency you want Daasity to update customer profiles (we recommend Daily).
Step 2: Creating an Automation in your Marketing channels called Welcome New HVCs
- In Klaviyo:
a. Select Metric as a trigger
b. Select Properties About Someone
c. Select ‘equals’ daasity_segment_new_hvcs
i. Pro-Tip: add a filter that removes the customer if they make a purchase during the flow. This way, you won’t make any additional offers to the HVCs who convert from your efforts.
- In Attentive:
a. Create a new Journey and select Custom Journey.
b. Select New HVC as the Journey Trigger and select “Send a Message about something else.” Note: This message doesn’t qualify as transactional and will not need to be approved.
Part 3: Build your flow to nurture these High-Value Customers.
We recommend a multi-step flow here where a customer has multiple touchpoints showing how much you value them as a customer. These customers are frequent shoppers who frequently purchase from your store.
Typically, brands will welcome customers to a VIP program or a branded version of a VIP program. Here are some example rewards for being a HVC/VIP:
- Exclusive access to new Products/Promos (e.g., Beta Testing/Early access to new products)
- Free Products
- Higher Tiers of Loyalty Points and incentives (ex. Free Shipping, Higher discounts)
- Exclusive Events (Digital and physical)
- Personal Messages from the founders/team
- Referral Request
- Birthday Gift
In email, this is typically a 3-5 step flow. In SMS, coordinate 1-2 messages that work well with the emails you send.
- If you have limited bandwidth, build at least one message in each channel welcoming these customers to their VIP status and letting them know what to expect from being a High Value Customer.
The key is to make these customers feel valued and stakeholders in your brand.
Part 4 (Optional): Building a Segment to target New HVCs in Campaigns.
- In Klaviyo:
a. Select the Trigger option and set the filter to “Properties About Someone”
b. Select ‘equals’ daasity_segment_new_hvcs
c. Create a filter that removes customers in your Churning and Lapsed HVC segment, by filter based on whether Someone Has (or not) Done Churning HVC or Lapsed HVC never in the last 360 Days.
i. Pro Tip: Always add filters for suppressed emails in your segments.
- In Attentive:
a. Create a new Dynamic segment
b. Select the Tigger option: “A subscriber’s activity”
c. Select ‘equals’ New HVCs
The Final Huddle:
- Every time a customer becomes a New HVC, they are automatically added to the flow and receive a welcome across channels.
- Automatically nurture as many HVCs as possible.
- There’s an always up-to-date segment identifying HVCs to target in Campaigns as well.
- New Multi-Buyer Welcome
- Prevent Churning HVCs