If you’re reading this post, you’re probably considering or currently implementing a browse abandonment email automation. We approve! Browse abandonment emails are the best way to remind customers who didn’t make a purchase of the products they were eyeing.
You can hit the perfect balance of a helpful and non-intrusive browse abandonment email with just a little bit of work. Here are 28 browse abandonment subject lines that range from cheeky and clever, to more straightforward discount offers:
If you’re creating a multiple-step browse abandonment email automation, using a simple subject line for your first email is a great place to start.
- Did you see something you liked?
- Recommended just for you
- Eyeing something?
- Did this catch your eye?
- This would look great in your closet
- Don’t forget about us
- Take another look
Personalized subject lines are, on average, 26% more likely to be opened, 14% more likely to be clicked, and 10% more likely to lead to a conversion – can’t argue with that!
- [First Name], did you see something you liked?
- Hey [First Name], you have great taste!
- [First Name], we love your style
- Your [Product Name] is waiting!
- Don’t miss out on [Product Name]
- We love [Product Name] too
- This [Product Name] Is for You
Adding some playfulness to your browse abandonment subject line can help minimize any creepiness factor.
- Were you checking us out?
- We saw you checking us out
- We must say, you have good taste
- Have your eye on something?
- We think we have what you’re looking for
- We think this would look great on you
- We support this wardrobe addition
A great way to get customers to welcome browse abandonment emails is by offering free shipping or a discount, especially if you’re worried about them finding these emails obtrusive.
- Come back for 15% off
- Would $15 off change your mind?
- 15% off, just for you
- Everything you’re looking for, plus free shipping
- Free shipping! Take the plunge
- 15% to help you make up your mind
- Take another look for $10 off
Don’t be afraid to have some fun with browse abandonment email subject lines! With email automation becoming a staple for top brands, customers are becoming accustomed to receiving them, and more importantly, happy to engage with them.
If you have any hesitations around feeling intrusive, try one-step email automation, test it for a week, and see what the response is like. Then keep checking in and iterating to create a high-converting browse abandonment email.
This article was originally published by our friends at Hive.co