Ready to take your ecommerce customer service to the next level? Chances are, you’ve probably already thought about using a help desk for your Shopify store (if you’re not already!)
Help desk software can offer a great way to improve customer experience, enhance customer satisfaction, boost sales, and get more repeat buyers for your store.
However, the icing on the cake is that it’s not easy to choose the best one because there are so many options out there.
That’s why in this post, we’ll share with you the six best help desk software for Shopify stores. Pay attention to the features, pricing, and unique strengths of each to decide which solution is what you need.
Gorgias is different from the other five help desk software in this list. We’ve built Gorgias with the sole purpose of helping ecommerce merchants level up their customer support. We don’t try to satisfy businesses of all sizes and industries.
Who it’s great for: Ecommerce merchants who are ready to go all-in on their customer support efforts.
- Basic plan: Start at $60/month with 350 monthly tickets and $25 for each extra 100 tickets.
- Pro plan: Start at $300/month with 2,000 monthly tickets and $23 for each extra ticket.
- Advanced plan: Start at $750/month with 6,000 monthly tickets and $14 for each extra 100 tickets.
- Custom plan: A custom plan will be available upon request.
- Update orders directly from your help desk and work faster with smart automation
- Manage customer requests for multiple storefronts, either on desktop or mobile apps
- Use Shopify and BigCommerce variables to auto-respond order-related tickets
- Integrate with third-party apps like ShipStation, Slack, and Recharge
- Use macros to automate tasks and perform actions like adding tags, bulk action
- Provide instant support by setting rules based on customer intents
- Deliver omnichannel support, e.g., SMS messaging and social media
- Easy to use, no learning curve involved, no feature overload
- Impartial customer support for all merchants, regardless of plans you’re using
Zendesk is an all-in-one customer service and customer relationship management (CRM) platform for all businesses. It’s known for a wide range of features covering from customer support to marketing and sales.
Who it’s great for: Enterprises and large team.
Zendesk pricing: Zendesk pricing starts from $5 per agent per month, but because it’s very complicated, you may end up paying a lot. Read this detailed explanation to learn more.
- Several products, including Support, Guide, Chat, Talk, Sell, Explore, Gather, Support Suite, and Sales Suite
- Track and manage customer data, customer interactions, etc.
- Support over 60 different languages from all over the world
- Diverse features such as omnichannel support, business rules, CSAT, SLA, agent roles, multiple ticket forms, advanced encryption and security
- Excellent reporting, metrics, and data analysis capabilities, making it useful for large businesses
- Over 1000 integrations in many categories like project management and marketing automation
Freshdesk is a powerful but highly approachable customer service software for any business that has been up and running very quickly. It’s considered the perfect alternative to Zendesk because it provides almost the same features at a lower price than its competitor. That doesn’t mention the fact that Freshdesk offers a free plan while Zendesk doesn’t.
Who it’s great for: Small and medium businesses, SaaS startups.
Freshdesk pricing: Freshdesk offers five different plans with cute names (i.e., Free, Blossom, Garden, Estate, and Forest) that range in price from free up to $99/month/agent when billed annually (if billed monthly, the price would be $125).
At $15/agent/month (Blossom plan), Freshdesk’s entry-level paid plan is similar to what many other providers offer, but its higher plans are quite a bit more expensive.
- Intuitive and modern user interface
- Smart automation tools to simplify support, integrated game mechanics to boost agent productivity, and robust multichannel capabilities to broaden user’s reach
- Complete customization functionalities like portal customization, custom agent roles, custom ticket forms, custom URL, custom apps, and more
- Ticket templates, knowledge base article templates, etc.
- Powerful self-service portal with chatbot, help widget, community forum, FAQs, and knowledge base
Re:amaze is a customer service, live chat, and help desk solution for small and medium businesses. It’s much simpler than Zendesk and Freshdesk but easier to use for beginners.
Who it’s great for: Small and medium businesses (SMBs)
Re:amaze pricing: Reamaze currently offers three plans, i.e., Basic, Pro, and Plus, with prices starting from $20 per team member per month. All pricing plans are monthly rates with no contract or obligated commitments. Apart from these plans, Reamaze supports custom plans and volume-based pricing.
- Flexibility pricing plans, making it suitable for SMBs
- Unlimited email inboxes for all pricing plans
- Various ticket management features
- Automation and rules to streamline your workflow
- Custom hosted domain and customizable email appearance
- Status page, classic chat mode, SAML/SSO integration, etc.
5. HubSpot Service Hub
HubSpot Service Hub offers a great feature set and ticketing management system, but it may not be the right choice for those who already use a CRM.
A worthy note that HubSpot Service Desk is the same as Zendesk when it comes to support methods. For example, if you’re using the free plan, you can only ask questions on community forums. You can’t contact HubSpot customer support team unless you upgrade your plan to Professional or Enterprise.
Who it’s great for: Small and medium businesses
HubSpot Service Desk pricing: HubSpot Service Hub comes with a choice of free and paid plans. All the plans also include some free features from HubSpot’s CRM software. For paid plans, pricing is based on both the number of users and the features available. It ranges from $45/month for two users on the Starter plan to $1,200/month for ten users on the Enterprise plan.
- Live chat, conversational inbox, conversational bots, meeting scheduling, and more
- Integrations with Gmail, Outlook, Facebook Messenger, and other Shopify apps
- A variety of survey methods, ticket pipelines, support for multiple currencies, etc.
LiveAgent is a help desk app for companies that want to offer phone, email, live chat, and social support. It’s best if you have numerous support agents since it includes auto-routing and back-end and collaboration features. Note that LiveAgent doesn’t support chat to SMS messaging like Gorgias and other help desk solutions do.
Who it’s great for: Small and medium businesses.
LiveAgent pricing: LiveAgent offers a free, full-featured plan and three paid plans. With the free plan, you get one live chat button, ticketing for one email address, and call center support for a single phone number. Paid plans start at $15/month/agent for email ticketing only, $29/month/agent for the ticket + chat plan, and $39/month/agent for the all-inclusive plan.
- Communication channels: phone, email, live chat, and social media
- Support a real-time chat box or email ticketing system on website or mobile apps
- Create multiple chat boxes or email addresses for different departments
- Ticket ownership, auto-routing tickets, internal chat, and more
The best help desk is the one that fits your Shopify store
New and capable help desk ticketing systems for Shopify stores pop up every day, extending well beyond those on this list. That makes it more challenging for you to pick up the best help desk software for your business.
However, your goal should be not only to find a solution that’s more than just a great help desk system. You also need a solution that’s the best help desk for you, working for your store and your customers, and helping you drive more sales, and more loyalty.
Hopefully, this roundup has given you an idea of where to start. It’s time to take full advantage of these solutions’ free trials and test the waters so you can start putting a help desk to work for your ecommerce store.
Lavender is a content writer passionate about SaaS and e-commerce industries. She’s obsessed with research, writing, and reading to publish high-value content for online store owners.