Video marketing is the way of the future, and animated explainer videos are among the most successful types of video marketing. Animated explainer videos can be used in a number of ways, but they are primarily used to explain what a product is and how it works.
Studies show that video marketing is the best way to capture the attention of your audience. According to Nielsen, your average visitor will spend less than 20 seconds viewing your page unless they find a reason to stay. This means you have between 10 and 20 seconds to impress your visitor, otherwise, you run the risk of losing their attention. While you may convince some visitors to stay by presenting interesting content or informative graphics, many won’t stay around long enough to recognize the true value of what you are offering.
Unless you offer your information in the form of a video.
Today’s internet shoppers love video. It captures their attention more easily than words or photographs, and most people find video easier to understand. According to the Social Research Network, about 20 percent of people will remember information that they’ve read, and 10 percent of people will remember information that they’ve heard. If your content can only be read or heard, you’ll have an issue connecting with the large majority of your audience.
Conversely, the same study shows that 80 percent of people will remember what they’ve seen or done. This means that information presented in videos will resonate more clearly with your audience than the content presented in images or text. Furthermore, a study done by the University of Minnesota shows that presentations using visuals were 43 percent more persuasive than presentations with no visuals at all. If you imagine your content as a presentation, it’s easy to see how informative videos can greatly enhance your message.
Animated explainer videos present your product to your audience with both visuals and audio. This makes animated explainer videos much more efficient at captivating your audience and holding their attention than text or videos. In addition, the average 1-2 minute length of animated explainer videos allows viewers to absorb a lot of information in a very short period of time. You can easily get your point across to your viewers before they lose interest and navigate to a different product or page.
Not only does psychology back up the legitimacy of video marketing, but the marketing statistics themselves show great benefits to using videos as part of your marketing strategy. According to Forbes:
- 7 out of 10 digital video viewers will consume video content on a tablet
- 3 out of 4 professional brand marketers believe online video will become as important to marketing as TV programming within the next 5 years
- 90 percent of interactive videos are watched to completion by their audience
- 73 percent of shoppers will be inclined to purchase a product after watching a video about it
- Videos are shared 120 times more often than texts and images on social media
Are you convinced yet? Video marketing is undoubtedly the way of the future, and we’re confident it has many benefits to offer your company.
Video marketing may be more successful than other forms of media marketing, but some types of videos do perform better than others. We found that animated videos perform better than videos with live actors and cameras for some products and markets, but this may not be the case for everyone. However, we recommend animated explainer videos because:
- There are no limitations. Creating special effects with real actors and sets can require a lot of time, knowledge, and expensive equipment. If you’re presenting a product and showing how it is used, special features may not be necessary. But in the event you’d like to add some fun special effects to your videos, you’ll want to use animation.
- Animated characters trigger emotions in your audience. That’s right: bright characters presented with beautiful colors and high-quality animation resonate better with viewers because they can initiate an emotional response. This response could be humor, helpfulness, or anything you’d like! Videos with stages and actors can often feel like marketing tools and may come across as insincere. This is not the case when the same product is presented by happy, colorful animated characters, as these types of characters are rarely associated with sales tactics.
- Anything can be represented. As mentioned in the first bullet point, animation has no limits. If you are selling a product that cannot be easily represented using actors and stages, it may be easier to represent it with animation.
Animated videos have led to great success for a number of today’s major startup successes. Perhaps the greatest success is that of Dropbox, the online cloud-based storage system founded in 2010. Dropbox used only an animated explainer video on its homepage to describe its service, and within 5 years the company went from a handful of users to over 100 million users (a number that continues to grow at the time of writing).
According to Dropbox, the video led to a 10 percent increase in conversion for the company, converting over 1 million visitors into users annually.
When it comes to video marketing, the numbers speak for themselves. Animated explainer videos are one of the best ways to inform your audience. Videos captivate audiences more effectively than text and images combined, allowing them to resonate more efficiently with viewers. Adding an animated explainer video to your product page will lead to increased conversions, more site visitors, and higher customer engagement than any other type of marketing tool, making them an extremely valuable resource for your business.
How have animated explainer videos helped your company find success? What other types of videos are great for attracting visitors and increasing conversion rates?