Chelsea Moore started BOXFOX out of her tiny apartment in Southern California.
She and her co-founders quickly learned how hard it is to run an inventory-based business out of an apartment. 🤯
Six years later, they’re in a 20,000 square foot warehouse.
But they started out scrappy. Fresh out of school and just 22 years old at the time, the team was on a tight budget.
But Chelsea has been obsessed with the brand’s look and feel from the very beginning. And even though their revenue is in the millions now, she’s still really hands on – with everything from social media, to email, to packaging, to site design. And it shows.
So we wanted to find out what she prioritized from the very beginning to create such an aesthetically appealing brand in every single way.
Get our best content on ecommerce marketing in your inbox 2 times a week
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- What their outreach looked like ahead of launch.
- How they manage email with so many different personas.
- The biggest game-changer for increasing AOV.
What to listen for:
- [0:56] How did BOXFOX start?
- [8:03] What does marketing at BOXFOX look like?
- [9:55] What their email strategy looks like.
- [13:45] Marketing channels they want to dig into further.
- [16:52] How COVID has affected their business.
- [23:41] How they take their product photos.
- [27:17] When they started really focusing on AOV and retention.
Links to love👇👇
- Chelsea Moore on Twitter
- Contact Chelsea
- Dave Gerhardt on Twitter
- The Ecommerce Marketing Show Home
This article originally appeared in the Privy blog and has been published here with permission.