Protecting consumer privacy is one of the top priorities when operating your e-commerce store. Judge.me provides you with an easy way to do so. We use Google Cloud DLP to detect if your reviews contain any Personal Identifiable Information (PII) such as email addresses, phone numbers, credit card information, etc. You can rest assured that your customer data will stay safe if they accidentally reveal that in their reviews.
Two options to handle reviews containing PII
PII censor is enabled in Judge.me by default, and you have two options to handle reviews containing PII:
- Automatically censor & publish reviews
- Automatically hide reviews
To adjust PII censoring settings, go to Settings > Review Widget > Review Curation.
- If you choose to automatically censor & publish reviews, we’ll publish your reviews and censor PII as [****] in the review widgets.
- If you choose to automatically hide reviews, your reviews will be hidden and you can curate them in the Reviews dashboard. You can apply the filter “PII Censored Reviews” to see these reviews. Here, the PII will be displayed and highlighted.
PII Censor and Automatic Social Push
If you also enable automatic social push, we’ll push the reviews based on your PII censoring settings:
- If you choose to censor the reviews containing PII, your reviews will be pushed to social media, but the PII will be censored with [****].
- If you choose to hide the reviews containing PII, your reviews won’t be pushed to social media.