Values are a funny thing.
You have to be willing to live them every single day. In every single situation.
And many brands treat the process as a one and done situation.
Or just pick and choose when they’re going to stay true to the values they set at the very beginning.
On this episode, Kristen shares a couple of the brands getting backlash for doing just that.
And a few that are getting it right when it comes to living out their values.
And don’t forget to break out your tissues.
Because this is the last episode of Ecomm Noms.
Kristen is off to do big things at Shopify.
And today is actually her first day, so go wish her luck (although she probably doesn’t need it).
Get our best content on ecommerce marketing in your inbox 2 times a week
On this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Why Everlane and Reformation are under fire.
- Ty Haney is back at Outdoor Voices.
- What’s next for Kristen.
What to listen for:
- [1:11] Some of the brands being criticized for exclusionary cultures.
- [4:57] Why brands need values.
- [8:34] Outdoor Voices’ BOD overhaul.
- [11:00] Brands who truly live out their values.
- [14:23] Where you can catch Kristen next.
Links to love👇👇
- Kristen LaFrance on Twitter
- How DTC startups fall flat in marketing their values
- Tyler Haney Returns to Outdoor Voices With a New Vision—One That Starts With a Female-Led Team
- Everlane’s Convenient Transparency
This article originally appeared in the Privy blog and has been published here with permission.