What is B2B?
B2B is a commonly used acronym for business-to-business transactions and commerce between two businesses rather than a business and an individual customer (B2C). For this model, the customers are other businesses, and the products and services sold are often used in the operation or production of the purchasing business.
These transactions involve various goods and services, including raw materials, components, finished products, software, and professional services. Due to the nature of B2B transactions, they can often involve negotiations, higher-order columns, and longer sale cycles than their B2C counterparts.
B2B interactions can occur through various channels, including direct sales and online platforms. Or wholesales and distributors. These interactions are long-term partnerships that focus on meeting the needs of the business customers.
Table of Contents
B2B e-commerce transactions are exchanging goods, services, or information between two businesses. It follows the same principles as traditional B2B commerce but is facilitated online. Handling business transactions online has become more prevalent with technology and internet advancement.
Key Features of B2B E-Commerce
- E-commerce is a digital marketplace where customers can list and purchase products and services.
- B2B e-commerce improves efficiency and convenience as the procurement process is streamlined. Businesses can place and track orders, manage their accounts, and make transactions online, reducing the need for manual labor when ordering.
- Bringing a business online increases the overall reach as users worldwide can access the e-commerce platform, which brings about more sales opportunities.
- E-commerce platforms should integrate with a business’s existing internal systems, such as a Customer Relationship Management platform (CRM) like Salesforce. Companies can effortlessly track inventory and order fulfillment by combining multiple techniques and managing customer relationships effectively.
- Businesses can customize their platforms to create catalogs, pricing books, and tailored experiences based on the needs of the business customers. Customizing the e-commerce platform is crucial, especially if transactions can be more complex.
- E-commerce platforms encourage collaboration between businesses, including joining product development and shared supply chain initiatives.
- Businesses can offer electronic payment methods to make transactions faster and more secure. E-commerce tools should submit invoices, payment tracking, and payment process optimization.
- All interactions are tacked, which can provide insights into customer behavior, preferences, and market trends.
B2B E-Commerce Platforms and Software Solutions
There are a variety of B2B e-commerce platforms and digital tools for businesses to choose from; each offers different features and functions to meet the specific needs of companies. Keep reading to find out more about a few options.
- Alibaba.com is a large and well-known platform connecting businesses worldwide. This platform offers a wide range of products and services to facilitate transactions between sellers and buyers.
- Salesforce B2B Commerce Cloud is one of many powerful Salesforce products seamlessly integrating with other systems. Below, we have provided more details about this tool and a powerful no-code third-party app.
- Amazon Business caters specifically to business customers, offering a range of products for bulk purchasing options and features for business-only pricing and analytics.
- Shopify Plus is designed for high-volume businesses, making it an excellent option for B2B transactions. Offering features like custom catalogs, wholesale pricing, and integrations with ERP systems.
- SAP Commerce Cloud is SAP’s dedicated B2B solution that includes order management, customer self-service, and integrations with SAP’s ERP solution.
- WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin and can be extended to support B2B functionalities.
- Magento Commerce is a flexible platform that businesses can tailor to suit their needs.
- Oracle Commerce Cloud is a scalable platform that offers personalized catalogs, promotions, and prices.
These are just a few tools on the market that businesses can choose. The correct tool for a business will depend on the business’s needs and should include seamless integration with existing systems within the industry.
Salesforce for B2B E-Commerce
Salesforce B2B Commerce Cloud, now called Salesforce B2B Commerce, is a cloud-based solution for businesses engaged in B2B transactions. This solution is part of the large Salesforce ecosystem and seamlessly integrated with other Salesforce products and solutions.
Some key features of this powerful platform are a unified platform that integrates with other Salesforce products, personalization options to provide a unique and tailored experience for each business customer, scalability so this tool can grow as businesses too, leverage of Salesforce AI capabilities to gain insights into preferences, trends, and customer behavior, responsiveness across a variety of devices to ensure customers are provided with a seamless experience no matter what device they use, and security an compliance tools that can be used to ensure that sensitive customer data is protected.
Managing large orders can be tricky; Salesforce offers powerful order management capabilities to ensure orders are processed efficiently and that customers can manage their orders, track shipments, and handle any returns through a portal.
Extending the Salesforce B2B Commerce Experience
Salesforce can involve a steep learning curve, which can feel daunting for businesses, which is where Titan comes in. This salesforce e-commerce solution is a trusted third-party app that can be found on the App Exchange. This tool is easy to use as it offers an intuitive drag-and-drop interface and uses no code.
Using Titan, businesses can elevate the Salesforce cloud solution by creating engaging and connected commerce experiences. You can start with Titan to develop and manage campaigns, channels, e-commerce websites, etc.
Businesses should bring their transactions online to help streamline the transaction process, reach a broader customer base, and effectively manage business-customer relationships to ensure long-term success. Choosing a tool that can integrate with current systems can make tracking inventory easier, as well as gather data that can be used to track trends and improve product and service offerings.