As a bootstrapped business, Beardbrand has always had more time than money.
So they’ve done a lot of testing over the years.
Their most successful test? YouTube.
And to this day, Founder & CEO, Eric Bandholz, firmly believes that there’s no better hack in business than having a successful YouTube channel.
Some of their most popular YouTube videos have 7+ million views.
But it took time and commitment to get there.
Here’s how they made it happen.
Get our best content on ecommerce marketing in your inbox 2 times a week
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- What helped their YouTube channel take off.
- The difference between discounts and promotions.
- How they solved their attribution problem.
- The #1 metric to track your marketing success.
What to listen for:
- [6:11] What did the Beardbrand team look like at the beginning?
- [13:04] Knowing when to delegate.
- [15:20] Their process for hiring the right people.
- [19:25] How to hire a copywriter.
- [22:30] Their Twitter presence.
- [30:30] Their YouTube strategy at the beginning.
- [33:53] Their biggest marketing mistakes.
- [37:27] What does the Beardbrand ad strategy look like?
- [40:11] How they think about discounting.
Links to love👇👇
- Beardbrand’s YouTube Channel
- Eric Bandholz on Twitter
- Dave Gerhardt on Twitter
- The Ecommerce Marketing Show Home
This article originally appeared in the Privy blog and has been published here with permission.