Ben Lebowitz started West & Willow, a modern pet portrait brand, less than a year ago.
And when he started, he knew it was a crowded market.
But he saw an opportunity.
An opportunity to build a real brand in the space.
And he had the perfect background to make it happen.
After working in the agency world for a decade, he knew a thing or two about brand-building.
So he set off on a print on demand journey with just $1500 and a lot of late nights on YouTube.
And in 2 days, his business was profitable.
Fast forward one year later, and West & Willow has turned into a thriving ecommerce brand. Here’s how he did it.
We’re launching The Ecommerce Marketing Handbook on 10/6. Join the 1,000+ other ecommerce founders to be the first to know when it’s available.
- The launch ad they’re still running a year later.
- How to build trust with your audience from the very beginning.
- How to get 20-30 pieces of user-generated content (UGC) every day.
- Why discounts are the right move for their brand.
- [6:25] How did your marketing background help when you were getting started?
- [8:03] What did the launch look like?
- [10:05] How to get social proof without any customers.
- [13:41] Coming up with an initial ad budget.
- [16:32] How they sustain the momentum through marketing.
- [18:30] How to get insane UGC.
- [26:15] The best campaign you’ve ever run.
- [28:16] What’s the case for running discounts?
This article originally appeared in the Privy blog and has been published here with permission.