When it comes to converting traffic, many brands are skipping the basics and going straight to the advanced tactics.
They’re skipping elementary, middle, and high school and jumping straight into college.
So Jon MacDonald, Founder of The Good, an agency that specializes in, you guessed it…conversion, is bringing us back a couple steps.
Because to really be successful, you have to nail the basics.
So before you obsess over A/B testing and optimization, make sure you have a solid foundation.
Here’s what that means.
Get our best content on ecommerce marketing in your inbox 2 times a week
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- The best way to get feedback on your site.
- Why you need to get ads running from day 1.
- The first thing you need to do with Google Analytics.
- The concept of rage clicking.
What to listen for:
- [5:34] Targets for add to cart and conversion rates.
- [8:04] Why John isn’t a fan of discounting.
- [11:28] Alternatives to offering welcome discounts.
- [18:29] What to do if your paid ads aren’t converting.
- [23:49] Landing that first sale.
- [40:08] Where to start with Google Analytics.
- [42:58] How often should you be updating your homepage?
- [50:07] Why you should remove the carousels on your site.
- [52:14] The right time to start A/B testing.
Links to love👇👇
This article originally appeared in the Privy blog and has been published here with permission.