Porto’s Bakery, a family-run, LA-based business, has been around for 44 years.
And when they changed their minimum order value, the amount customers are required to have in their carts before checking out, from $15 to $30, AOV quadrupled.
And it has stayed that way through massive scaling.
Now they’re a Cinderella story, but these are exactly the kinds of projects they work on day in and day out at DBNY.
Here are the AOV secrets they’ve learned along the way.
We’re launching The Ecommerce Marketing Handbook on 10/6. Join the 1,000+ other ecommerce founders to be the first to know when it’s available.
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- How one brand quadrupled AOV.
- The (almost) surefire way to increase AOV.
- 2 brands with 🔥 bundling strategies.
- The math you need to know cold before testing new offers.
What to listen for:
- [3:09] What is AOV and why is it so important to growth?
- [4:46] How to balance discounting with a consistent AOV.
- [9:59] Go-to plays to increase AOV?
- [15:43] AOV success stories.
- [21:33] Why a dollar amount discount might perform better than a percentage off.
- [32:07] Why bundling can have such an impact on AOV.
- [40:03] How Privy can help you increase AOV.
Links to love👇👇
This article originally appeared in the Privy blog and has been published here with permission.