Scaling for a typical ecommerce brand almost always includes paid ads and email.
Especially if you’re one of the few who make it to the $1M mark.
But for Vivian Kaye, that wasn’t the case.
In fact, she didn’t use paid ads or email until after she hit her first million.
So how’d she do it?
By building a community and being her own customer.
Here’s how she made it big even though the deck was stacked against her in every way.
Get our best content on ecommerce marketing in your inbox 2 times a week
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- The power of building an audience and building a community.
- How to write a high performing post-purchase email.
- Why you can (and should) do SEO on your own.
- Why you should never hand over the vision for your brand to someone else.
What to listen for:
- [10:09] If you don’t use ads to get to $1M in sales, what does that look like?
- [13:23] Where was your audience?
- [15:45] What her most engaging email copy really looks like.
- [20:24] How do you get started with SEO?
- [25:12] How the KinkyCurlyYaki site has changed over time.
- [27:27] Vivian’s $10k photoshoot mistake.
- [34:29] The campaign that brought in $44k in 1 hour.
Links to love👇👇
This article originally appeared in the Privy blog and has been published here with permission.