It’s not the minefield you might expect.
In the words of the great Tony Robbins, “Knowing is not enough. You must take action.”
Never has a truer word been said when it comes to your loyalty program. Knowing that the platform you’re using isn’t quite right for you or isn’t delivering the results you’re looking for is one thing. Living with that knowledge rather than taking action is another entirely.
That said, we’re only too aware that migrating your loyalty program can seem an immensely daunting task, so we’re here to break it down into something that feels entirely manageable.
Why migrate your loyalty program?
Before making a decision to move your loyalty program to LoyaltyLion, you and your team will need to establish exactly what you’re not getting from your existing provider so that you can stress test us against that criteria. Here are a few key questions you can ask to turn those niggling feelings into tangible feedback:
1. Are customers using your loyalty program?
Are your customers engaging with your program? Are they earning points and redeeming rewards? Are they taking opportunities to engage with your brand in between purchases – for example following you on social media.
2. Is that participation positively impacting your bottom line?
Are your loyalty program members driving an increase in revenue? Are they spending more than non-members, or repeat purchasing more regularly? Are they helping you to acquire new customers with referrals?
3. Are you getting the advice and support you need to answer ‘yes’ to questions one and two?
Do you have regular contact with a loyalty expert who knows your brand and your program inside out, and can help you turn your aspirations into manageable actions?
If the answer to any of the above questions is no, then it’s worth at least a conversation with LoyaltyLion!
What marketing opportunities does migration bring?
When we first think about migrating it can be easy to only see the headaches and the work involved. But the truth is there are multiple opportunities to turn a migration into a marketing opportunity.
- First of all, the migration allows you to communicate with all of your existing members. Take the opportunity to remind them of their points balance and encourage them to come back and use them. Make it clear that you’re investing in them and their loyalty program experience, and watch as the program engagement spikes.
- Secondly, take the opportunity to recruit new members. A migration provides the perfect moment to reach out to all those who have checked out as guests in the past, letting them know that now is the time to enrol because you’ve been making improvements.
- Thirdly, when you migrate to LoyaltyLion you’ll have the chance to explore new features and functionality that you may not have had access to before. Those on our paid plans will also have access to the expert help and advice required to implement new features effectively. As such, it’s a great time to revisit your program and add some small but exciting tweaks along the way, so that you can surprise and delight existing customers, or bring new members on board.
- Fourthly and finally, even if there are glitches during your migration, our integration with Gorgias will allow you to smooth them out without missing a beat. Your helpdesk team can be empowered to use loyalty points to resolve any issues, = keeping your customers enrolled and engaging with the program longer term.
Most importantly, why migrate to LoyaltyLion?
The process of switching to LoyaltyLion is relatively uncomplicated – when you’re ready to launch we can import your customers and their points balance straight into your new program. But why are we the right provider to switch to?
1. We are experts in loyalty – from the Developers building the platform to the Customer Success team working with customers every day, each member of our team is 100% dedicated to loyalty and retention, with no distractions.
2. We take security seriously – we have the attestations in place to give you the confidence that all the required best practices for handling customer data are in place.
3. We integrate with all the tools you’re already using – we don’t offer multiple tools under one umbrella, but we work with the best in class tools in each space to ensure that loyalty data can be passed across to power marketing activity everywhere.
4. And finally, 85% of our customers would recommend working with LoyaltyLion. Enough said!
But don’t take our word for it, hear it from the Head of Digital at Harringtons:
“As LoyaltyLion is one of the most recognised loyalty apps, it probably has the most integrations on the Shopify platform which means it fits in well with other apps in the ecosystem. You can also leverage a lot of best practice and proven strategies in a very short space of time, meaning you can get a well performing loyalty program up and running quickly.”
About the author
Fiona Stevens is the Head of Marketing at LoyaltyLion. Fiona has over ten years’ experience in Marketing, having worked in-house and agency side across functions including PR, SEO and content. She has specialized in loyalty for retail and ecommerce brands for the past eight years.