Special thanks to our friends over at emma for publishing this great little list of new content ideas to inspire your email marketing.
Are you drawing a blank on what to send subscribers in your next email campaign?
Trust us – we’ve all been there. So if you’re feeling stuck, here are 11 ideas that go beyond the typical promotion or special offer to help you blast right through that nasty case of email marketer’s block.
Feel free to take ‘em, tweak 'em, and make 'em your own.
1. Re-purpose what you already have: Turn content from your latest webinar or white paper into something more digestible, like an infographic or blog post.
2. Give subscribers a behind-the-scenes look at your company. This could include a recap of your latest office event, a volunteer project your staff recently participated in, the direction you’re planning on heading this year… you name it!
3. Share a case study that features an awesome client successfully (and happily!) using your product or service.
4. Interview an employee or thought leader from your organization, either in a video or a blog Q&A.
5. Co-market with partners. Share their content with your audience, and have them share your content with their audience in exchange. It’s a win-win for both of you!
6. People respond extremely well to numbered lists, so compile a “Top 10” list of helpful tips or product recommendations.
7. Provide a roundup of your most popular blog posts from the last month and send it out in a digest format in case people missed them the first time around.
8. Say “thanks.” Without any other sort of promotion attached, send a simple and sincere thank you to the individuals who support your brand.
9. Invite your email audience to an event you’re hosting, either online or at your brick-and-mortar location.
10. Ask your subscribers for feedback about your product, service, the type of content you’re producing, or your emails themselves.
11. Compile a digest of some of your favorite content from around the web, even if it’s not produced by you or your partners.