It’s no secret that retaining customers is much more cost-effective than converting new visitors into buyers, and one of the best ways to accomplish this is by delivering a memorable experience to the the customer.
There must be something about a brand that makes it stand out against its competitors, and many customers are now looking to buy an experience along with their product. This is evident in the wildly popular subscription boxes that have been sweeping the world in recent years, and there are ways all companies can add flare to their customer experience to help them rise above the rest.
One of the best ways to improve the customer’s shopping experience is with package inserts; customer package inserts can be designed to improve the customer’s unpackaging experience greatly, which in turn will make the brand more memorable.
Package inserts come in many shapes and sizes, and there is room to be creative. Some popular package inserts include:
- Discounts or Coupons: Include exclusive discount offers, gift codes, or coupons in order to encourage the customer to make a future purchase. Not only will the customer be impressed by the gesture, but they will have a bona fide reason to make another purchase in the future.
- Product Samples: This can be particularly useful for companies launching new products lines, as many customers will not purchase a new product unless there are reviews, or if they’ve tried it. Send related samples to customers with their purchase, as they may just come back to purchase the product in its full-size.
- Small Gifts: Gifts or trinkets are also an excellent package insert that can work to retain customers. For example, a shoe company could include an extra pair of shoelaces with every box they ship, as the customers will undoubtedly appreciate the item, and will remember it when looking to make a related future purchase.
- Personal Thank You Notes: A personalized or hand-written thank-you note can go a long way, and will make an impression with all customers.
- Social media share cards: Get customers to become fans by encouraging them to like or share your brand on social media platforms, such as Facebook or Twitter.
When a customer opens their package and are met with a coupon or small gift, they will recognize the meaning behind the gesture. This is a sign of customer appreciation, and customers will recognize this when they first see that thank you note or product sample.
While these ideas are popular, they are by no means binding, and there are nearly limitless options for package inserts, as they are defined only by one’s creativity. Design a package insert that will have the customer feeling appreciated, and they will be guaranteed to return for a future purchase.