Customer loyalty is so much bigger than repeat purchases. It’s about creating passionate brand advocates that connect with you on a range of levels. It’s about providing genuine value as the basis of an ongoing relationship.
During this episode of Playing for Keeps the host Kristen LaFrance, eCommerce retention specialist and head of community at Churn Buster, and Fiona Stevens, head of digial at LoyaltyLion, discuss creative ways about redefining customer loyalty.
They share the reasons why building up a base of loyal customers is a great way to avoid a race to the bottom on price and how to overcome customer mistrust of loyalty programs.
“You don’t need to have everything together when you launch your loyalty program- releasing new rewards and incentivizing new behaviors is exciting for your customers.”
Find some of the podcast key topics and findings below:
- loyalty emails perform ~14x better than standard marketing emails;
- why is redefining customer loyalty important in today’s ecommerce industry;
- different methods for rewarding loyalty and how to tie those into your brand values;
- rewarding existing behaviors that signal engagement;
- building a better value exchange for loyalty programs- not just data for perks.
Listen to the full podcast episode here.