Fulled by the global pandemic, brands have accelerated their digital transformation efforts in an unprecedented way. According to a McKinsey & Company study, years worth of digital commerce growth happened in a matter of months in 2020.
In the post-pandemic era, customers now expect the convenience of ecommerce shopping with the flexibility of in store options. This has amplified existing challenges for brands and created new ones.
In particular, retail brands are “facing the limitations of their aging technology stack in allowing them to offer buy-online-pick-up-in-store (BOPIS), social commerce, adding new payment methods, launching subscription programs and more”, as RSR writes in their report, “Retail ecommerce in context: the next iteration”.
This ebook from RSR summarizes the full report’s findings and explores:
- How well retail brands have been able to pivot to a digital-first world.
- The opportunities and challenges in the marketplace.
- How well brands’ technology portfolios are delivering on new demands and future innovations.
- Why improving the checkout experience is a priority for leading brands.
- Where brands are making technology investments in the next 12 to 18 months.
Download the full 25-page report, “Retail ecommerce in context: the next iteration,” here.