SMS marketing is a relatively new marketing avenue that many brands struggle to take advantage of. Here at MuteSix, we understand that it can be difficult to juggle countless different marketing channels on your own. As a result, many brands unintentionally neglect SMS marketing in favor of already established avenues like paid social, paid search, and email marketing. With our help, you can take advantage of SMS marketing to increase your reach and return on investment with SMS marketing.
How It Works
We use a targeted approach to reach your customers wherever they are, whether it’s their smartphone or their laptop, with relevant messaging to engage and build customer loyalty. This is part of what makes SMS marketing so effective — you’re able to reach your customers in a more personal and convenient way.
When communicating with customers via SMS marketing, it’s important to be short, sweet, and to the point when crafting your SMS marketing messages. Always be sure to include a clear call to action in these messages with a link telling the customer what you want them to do.
But before we get ahead of ourselves with what to put in SMS marketing messages, we first need to discuss who to send them to. Consent is an extremely important concept within SMS marketing. After all, this is a more convenient and quick method of communication — the same method that people use to communicate with their close friends and family. So make sure that all of your subscribers have opted in to receiving your marketing texts before you send any out.
Once you have consent, it’s time to really get strategic with SMS marketing. While making sure that your content matches your brand voice and persona, feel free to incorporate fun images, GIFs, emojis, etc. for more effective blasts. Customers are more likely to engage with content that goes beyond basic text and a link.
Here are some of the different ways that you can utilize SMS marketing for your brand:
- Coupons: You can use SMS to send out coupons to your customers. Doing so will definitely help drive them towards making a purchase. Just make sure that you include a limited timeline on your offer to drive a sense of urgency.
- Sales: You can use SMS to send out notifications to your customers about big promotions. Again, this will incentivize them to make a purchase since they won’t want to miss out on such great deals.
- Order tracking: You can use SMS to provide your customers with updates about their orders. Let them know via text that their order has been received, has been shipped, and has arrived.
- Surveys: You can use SMS to gather valuable data from your customers through surveys. Send out a quick survey with easy answers to collect the greatest number of responses that you can use to improve marketing efforts.
Why It Works
We have seen first-hand how effective SMS marketing can be when done correctly. But don’t just take our word for it, here are some facts and figures that show why SMS marketing really works:
- 64% of consumers think that businesses should contact them via SMS more often.
- 75% of consumers would want to receive texts with special offers regarding sales, new products, etc.
- About 61% of marketers still aren’t using SMS — leaving a large gap for you to fill.
- For consumers ages 18 to 34, including Millennials and Generation Z, SMS is the preferred method of communication from businesses.
- 29% of SMS marketing recipients actually click on the links within SMS marketing texts.
The MuteSix Difference
MuteSix brings a full-funnel approach to SMS marketing. We strategically plan and test campaign sends, build out full lifecycle automations and incorporate customer service, loyalty and rewards, reviews, subscription, and transactional messaging. We are at the forefront of SMS as a channel and leverage our partnerships with some of the leading SMS platforms, such as Attentive and Resci, to be the first with access to new functionality and programming.
As a leading performance marketing agency, we have the knowledge and expertise needed to help you grow your SMS marketing agenda. We offer a whole host of different marketing services to meet your needs. For instance, in addition to SMS marketing services, we also offer services that cover other platforms like email, Google, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, TikTok, Amazon, Pinterest, and programmatic.
We offer creative services to help brands take full advantage of these platforms. We offer services such as photography, content creation, editing, landing pages, static and animated banners, broadcast-level productions, and influencer campaigns. We are able to do all of this through our in-house creative studio, StudioSix.
Thanks to our services, our clients have seen on average a 359% increase in revenue after working with us for just six months. Additionally, more than 30 of our clients have acquired and/or raised venture capital funding after working with us. Finally, we have helped our clients generate more than $1 billion in trackable revenue.
MuteSix has a dedicated Lifecycle Marketing team that handles email and SMS marketing. MuteSix has worked tirelessly to come up with an effective SMS marketing process that helps our clients grow their customer bases, boost customer engagement, and improve conversion rates. We do it all based on a four-step process:
- Audit and analysis of business and current funnels: The first step in the process is to conduct a comprehensive audit and analysis of your current business practices and funnels. This gives us a good idea of what we’re working with so that we can continue to build on your strengths as well as fill in any gaps. We typically try to use a full-funnel approach so that we can reach as many people as possible throughout the different stages in the customer journey.
- Strategic roadmapping of campaigns and automations: The second step in the process is to lay out a strategic roadmap of future campaigns and automations. This is where we begin to fill in the gaps of your current SMS strategy to help you achieve your set goals. For instance, say you want to build your subscriber base, we can then use your existing email list to gather phone numbers for customers that we can then use for SMS marketing. Or say you want to boost your click-through rates, we can work on writing effective calls to action, incorporating graphics, and develop great landing pages.
- Implementation and targeted testing: The third step in the process is to implement and test our strategy to make sure that it works as desired. Before launch, we make sure that all our bases are covered in terms of the different funnels we’re trying to reach. We then perform comprehensive testing to make sure that your budget is being well spent.
- Continued analysis and optimization: The fourth and final step in the process is continued analysis and optimization. At MuteSix, the work doesn’t end after launching your new SMS marketing program. Instead, we continue working to ensure that it’s as effective as possible. From there, we learn more about what it takes to achieve success in your unique space and optimize to make it happen again and again.
Our tried and true process has achieved incredible results for our clients. Here’s a quick look into how our SMS marketing services can lead to real, measurable results:
- Up to 40% click-through rate in SMS messages
- Up to 15% of total revenue attributed to SMS
- Up to 20x return on investment
Our Latest Case Study
MuteSix was tasked with improving beard care brand Badass Beard Care’s customer engagement and increasing their website traffic and subscriber base by leveraging SMS marketing.
To drive new SMS subscribers, MuteSix used Attentive’s high-performance email and SMS capture units to grow and convert new traffic into long-term purchasers. The MuteSix team focused on bottom-of-funnel marketing by building robust SMS journeys within the Attentive platform — both to increase customer retention and LTV, and to increase conversions of prospective customers.
To start, the team dialed in Badass Beard Care’s welcome journey with simple brand education, incentives, and personalization. They also worked to convert new subscribers who didn’t purchase by sending unique and time-sensitive offers. To round out the SMS automations, they implemented a thorough post-purchase journey that included high-performing copy and creative to successfully keep Badass Beard Care customers coming back for more.
Thanks to our aggressive strategy and professional expertise, we were able to achieve these amazing results for Badass Beard Care:
- 25k+ active subscribers captured
- 50k+ contacts added to email list
- 21% average CTR
- 125% increase in total monthly revenue attributed to SMS
And this is just one example of what we can do for your brand using SMS marketing. Take our other client, Spoonful of Comfort, a gourmet soup delivery and gift basket brand for example. We were able to capitalize on the paid traffic coming to Spoonful of Content’s site by adding SMS marketing into our retention strategy, which led to a significant lift in overall performance. Specifically, they gained over 90k active subscribers and saw a 21.63% increase in revenue in quarter one of 2021.
Another Great Case Study
Perhaps our best case study comes from working with Inspire Uplift, an inspiration-focused brand. When we began working with Inspire Uplift, they already had an SMS program, but it was very basic and was underperforming. We knew that we needed to incorporate features for order tracking, personalization, and customer service into their SMS strategy.
As a result, we integrated with Klaviyo dynamic blocks in emails, JustUno for targeted phone number collection through existing email subscribers, and Postscript for white glove treatment. At the end of the day, Inspire Uplift saw $60k+ generated from automations within 30 days, $15k+ from AfterShip transactional messages, 16k+ phone number subscribers generated by Klaviyo integration, and $20k+ in revenue.
MuteSix as Your SMS Marketing Agency
With MuteSix as your SMS marketing agency, you can take full advantage of this new marketing avenue that many companies aren’t yet utilizing. By establishing yourself in this space, you can set yourself apart from the competition. Doing so can help you grow your customer base, improve customer loyalty, and boost revenue.
To see how we can achieve those goals and more for your brand, reach out to the marketing experts here at MuteSix for a complimentary consultation. We will talk goals and strategy to earn incredible results.