Search Engine Optimization, also known as SEO, is like a key to getting recognition in the digital world.
An ecommerce business can keep its store's architecture organized and visible with its help and enjoy many more benefits. But it all depends on how you implement Ecommerce SEO for your store.
This blog post is focused on the role of SEO for Ecommerce stores. Also, simplified SEO strategies from Visibility Gurus are shared, which can help ecommerce businesses improve their overall performance. Let's dive into Ecommerce SEO to get you closer to your goals!
Table of Contents
How Can An Ecommerce Business Benefit from SEO?
Ecommerce businesses are increasing at a fast pace these days. People prefer shopping online due to convenience, 24*7 availability, and diverse product range. But is every online business successful? No, as it requires dedication, strategic planning, and a customer-centric approach to excel in this field, and Ecommerce SEO is the combination of all.
Let’s dive into the benefits an Ecommerce business can get from SEO.
A good website can make a brand stand out to its audience. Proper SEO makes it easier for the brand to be noticed online, making it more memorable to potential customers.
When a brand’s mention is found in top results, consumers start believing in it, and this is possible with Ecommerce SEO. With proper planning, businesses can give quality content and filter out spam links to their customers.
Top Search Engine Rankings
SEO improves the position of an e-commerce website, thereby increasing the likelihood of the brand being discovered by potential customers. Implementing this strategy can achieve a higher ranking, leading to more clicks and increased search traffic.
More Traffic and Sales
When SEO is done, SERP rankings increase, attracting significant organic traffic. When searchers get what they want, their chances of becoming customers and sales increase.
Increased Conversion Rate
By implementing a search engine optimization strategy for a site, targeted traffic is invited to the store, improving visitors' conversion to customers.
This is all about the benefits an Ecommerce business owner can get if they incorporate this strategy into their store. Well, Visibility Gurus can help in achieving all of them. How? With their 12+ years of experience in the industry, their dedicated team, and a proven track record,
makes them the first choice among the Ecommerce businesses that desire digital growth.
Visibility Gurus' SEO Checklist: Transform Your Ecommerce Store's Performance
SEO is a game-changer that brings in leads consistently, without the need for paid ads, turning those leads into conversions. In short, it's the winning strategy.
Now, let's check out Visibility Gurus' SEO checklist. They focus on boosting overall performance and ensuring client satisfaction for successful store outcomes.
Keywords are the important words that help potential customers find your online store. So, when selling online, use those words in your product’s title and description. It will also help Google understand your business better.
However, picking a keyword requires some homework. First, you need to figure out how many people are searching for it, i.e., Search Volume, how much competition it has, i.e., CPC, and what people want when they use the word, i.e., search intent.
You can use tools like SEMrush or Moz for this. If, for a keyword, you find a high search volume, then that implies the word is popular. If CPC is higher, it means it is competitive. In that case, you can choose a different, more specific keyword.
Remember to keep the user's intention in mind. If any user is typing the word shower, understand whether they want to install or fix it. So, please use some extra words if it needs clarification.
Also, check out your competitors. They are doing something different if they are among the top search results. Analyzing them will help you perform even better.
The homepage is just like the front door of your online shop. The better it will look, the more people it will attract, and SEO is just like decorating that door to ensure people notice it.
A great home page can be made like this:
- Homepage Title Tag: Keep it under 70 characters, and ensure it has your business name and the primary keyword you want it to be known for.
- Homepage Meta Description: In 160 characters, try telling users what your business is about, and it should be crafted well enough to make them curious about your store.
- Homepage Content: The content on the home page should include what you want others to know about your business. Please keep it simple. Could you have your top products and present them differently from others?
Pro Tip: If you have a big store selling many different things, focus on specific categories. It will help users and Google, giving you a clear view of your shop. So, please keep it clean and inviting.
A simplified store makes the shopping experience of visitors smoother. When they get what they want quickly, they will only think of leaving the store if they get what they want. The design of the store should follow the below-mentioned things:
- Hierarchy of Navigation: Proper signs should lead to different sections. Everything should ensure smoother navigation from the homepage to product categories, specific products within those sections, to the checkout page.
- Internal Linking: Link related products or blog articles to each other. It will help search engines understand your site and benefit visitors, who can explore more.
- Keep it Simple: If visitors do not find the product within three clicks from the homepage, they will leave the site. So, keep the site architecture simple, so they do not have to wander that much.
Pro Tip: Don’t make your store too deep while designing. The less it won't be noticeable, the better it will make the navigation.
The highlights of your store-product pages, the actual reason for the user’s arrival at your store. Here are some ideas that will help present your products better:
- Product Name: It should be something catchy and cool. Also, include keywords that will help people find it. Add the keyword “jacket” to every product if you sell jackets.
- Image Optimization: Clear product images from different angles help visitors understand the product. Also, could you add the product name and keyword to the ALT text, which will help Google find the product?
- Video Optimization: When a customer gets a video along with the product’s image, they get satisfaction with its quality. But, take care of the thing that their presence does not affect the loading speed.
- FAQ Content: Know your products entirely and try answering questions through FAQs before your customer asks. If you use the strategy, They will hit the “buy” button.
- Customer Reviews: The most convincing step for instilling trust in your customers is the addition of reviews. They are also a great way to know how you are better or what you should add to be the best.
Most of the shoppers use mobile these days. But, if your ecommerce store fails to provide that favorable environment, it is evident that users will be less likely to purchase from your store. Also, Google prefers mobile-friendliness as a ranking factor.
While making a responsive design, there are some factors that you need to pay attention to most, such as page loading speed. The faster a webpage loads, the better you find it in Google results. Here are some ideas to lower page loading time:
- Delete all the unnecessary elements from your page. If there are plugins not in use, please consider disabling them.
- Image optimization plays a deciding role in loading a page. You can use Webp format or AVIF and maintain the quality of the store’s images.
Backlinks for Ecommerce Store
Another significant ranking signal that Google prefers is backlinks. The more you have, the more authoritative your ecommerce website becomes.
Guest posting on blogs is a great way to do this. You can email the sites where you are interested in publishing blogs and offer them three or more ideas for potential guest posts.
As more E-commerce stores pop up daily, the online competition is fierce. To stand out and succeed, you must pay attention to SEO. It's the key to organic visibility, bringing in traffic, leads, conversions, and sales. Whether you use the mentioned SEO techniques by Visibility Gurus or hire experts, these benefits can be yours for the taking!