Finding the kind of content that resonates with your audience takes a lot of trial and error.
…and isn’t necessarily intuitive.
So when Fred Perrotta, Co-founder & CEO of Tortuga Backpacks, a brand geared toward millennial travelers, started a blog for the brand, he wasn’t sure exactly what he should be writing about.
So he just started to try a bunch of things.
And eventually struck gold with a topic he never would have expected: packing guides for specific destinations.
So we asked Fred to share some of his content secrets to help you get to that first million and beyond.
Get our best content on ecommerce marketing in your inbox 2 times a week
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- The book that inspired their business.
- How their content strategy drives traffic and purchases.
- How you can use products that aren’t selling as part of a welcome offer.
- Why you need to focus on 1-2 channels.
What to listen for:
- [2:27] Lessons from The 4-Hour Workweek.
- [9:31] What moved the needle for more repeatable sales.
- [11:23] Why they publish who their ideal customer is.
- [15:15] How their marketing team has changed over time.
- [17:03] Driving repeat purchases for a product that’s built to last.
- [24:41] What their content and email strategy looks like.
- [26:44] How to plug your product in content.
- [29:58] Advice for scaling to your first million in sales.
Links to love👇👇
- Fred Perrotta on Twitter
- Tortuga Backpacks
- Dave Gerhardt on Twitter
- The Ecommerce Marketing Show Home
This article originally appeared in the Privy blog and has been published here with permission.