Table of Contents
How To Make Money on Pinterest: What to Know
With a staggering monthly user count of 445 million, it’s no surprise that Pinterest reaches a diverse audience– its pins have a prolonged lifespan because they continue to surface in users’ feeds and searches long after their original posting. Because of this, Pinterest is a fantastic marketing lever for brands, serving as a great platform to build awareness, boost engagement, and increase web traffic.
Pinterest Advertising Formats
There are a variety of advertising formats to consider on Pinterest. Once you’ve identified your goals, you can select the right advertising format– Pinterest offers a variety, including:
- Promoted Pins: Promoted pins appear in users’ home feeds, search results, and related pins sections. These pins seamlessly blend with organic content to provide a non-disruptive experience while increasing visibility. You can use this format to achieve a range of objectives like creating brand awareness, driving traffic to the site, or increasing sales.
- Promoted Video Pins: Promoted video pins allow you to share short video clips with users. These videos autoplay as users scroll, capturing attention and conveying messages effectively. This format is great for showcasing products, tutorials, brand stories, and more.
- Shopping Ads: Shopping ads display product information directly within the pin itself. Users can view the product’s name, price, and availability without leaving the Pinterest site. This format is especially valuable if you are running an e-commerce brand because it streamlines the shopping experience and encourages users to make purchases directly.
- Carousel Ads: Carousel ads allow you to showcase multiple images within a single pin. Users can swipe through the carousel to explore different images and discover a range of products, features, or creative ideas, all in one pin.
- Story Pins: Story Pins offer you an opportunity to share immersive content that combines images, videos, and text. This format is a dynamic way to engage users and share detailed content, such as step-by-step tutorials, recipes, and more.
- One-Tap Pins: One-tap pins are designed to simplify the user journey. When users tap on this pin, they are directed to a specific landing page without any additional steps. You can use this format to reduce shopping hassles and enhance the user experience.
Pinterest Advertising Best Practices
If you want to get the most out of your Pinterest investment, then you need to learn a bit about Pinterest strategy to improve the effectiveness of your paid advertising campaign:
Make Sure Your Content Fits the Platform
While it might be tempting to reuse your content from other platforms, this might not be the best approach when it comes to Pinterest. This is because Pinterest is a highly visual and aesthetic app, so your content needs to stand out from more than 200,000 pins on the platform.
Brand Your Images and Content
Your Pinterest content should also fit within your overall brand aesthetic. You can do this by incorporating your brand colors, fonts, and logos on your pins.
Test Your Content Before Launch
Avoid wasting time and money on ineffective ad campaigns by testing your content before launching your campaign. The best way to do this is with A/B testing, which allows you to test individual components of your ad and then combine the best-performing components for the most effective campaign.
Monitor Your Campaign Performance
Even with the right amount of research and testing, your campaign might not live up to expectations. The good news is that this doesn’t have to be the end of the world. By monitoring your campaign performance, you can identify potential issue areas before it’s too late and take action to rectify the situation and get your campaign back on track.
Post a Clear Call-to-Action (CTA)
A strong statement on your pin can do wonders in driving up sales and conversion numbers. So, incorporate clear and actionable CTAs in your pins that encourage users to take specific actions. But make sure your CTAs match the action you want, such as explore more, shop now, learn more, or save for later.
Make a Keyword Strategy
Pinterest uses a search engine, so you must incorporate relevant keywords in your pin descriptions, titles, and boards to ensure it suggests your pins. You can research Pinterest-related keywords of your niche to improve the discoverability of your pins and make sure your visual content reaches all users interested in similar topics.
Use Rich Pins
Rich Pins are a way to include additional context and information in a pin. Based on your brand type, you can select from Product Pins, Recipe Pins, Article Pins, and more to provide valuable details within the pin itself. As a result, your pins have higher chances of reaching the feed on interested audiences.
Perhaps the best way to make money on Pinterest is to work with a specialized Pinterest marketing agency. An agency like MuteSix can help guide you through advertising on this platform as well as during creative content development, ad placement, audience targeting, and so much more.
MuteSix takes an ROI-first approach, leveraging powerful measurement solutions to unlock profitable growth with industry-leading media buying and thumb-stopping creative to scale brands profitably across all major paid media platforms.
Looking to reach, convert, and retain more customers on Pinterest? Reach out to our team of Paid Social experts today.