In the latest episode of the eCommerceFastlane Podcast, I had the pleasure of chatting with Josh George, the founder of ClickSlice. We discussed how to get your Shopify store onto the first page of Google through ecommerce SEO. He shares a success story of a men's shaving products brand that saw a 73% increase in orders and over 60 keywords ranking on the first page after a bespoke SEO campaign.
The episode emphasizes the importance of organic traffic, especially as relying solely on paid ads becomes riskier. It also highlights the complexity of the Google algorithm and the necessity of long-term thinking for continued growth.
This episode is made possible by UPS Capital, creators of the InsureShield App for Shopify. You work hard for your company’s reputation, but shipping setbacks like porch piracy or in-transit damage are outside your control. The post-purchase experience, including shipping, is a critical part of the customer journey, and protecting against these risks is essential.
In this episode, you will learn:
1. What are some risks of relying solely on paid ads for traffic and sales?
2. How does organic traffic differ from paid traffic regarding trust and conversion rates?
3. What are some essential tools and strategies for effective keyword research?
4. Why is it important to focus on creating topically relevant content on your website, and how does this impact SEO?
6. How can ecommerce brands balance keyword optimization with helpful, engaging content on their website?
7. What are some benefits of investing in content production as part of an overall ecommerce SEO strategy?
8. How does the compounding effect of SEO work, and why is this important?
9. What are some of the key factors that Google uses to rank websites, and why are these important to consider when optimizing for SEO?
10. How can ecommerce brands work with SEO agencies like ClickSlice to ensure a successful, long-term SEO strategy for their website?
Shopify Ecommerce Podcast
Boosting Your Shopify Stores Growth, Revenue, Profits, and Lasting Customer Value
Each week, join Steve Hutt and his knowledgeable guest as they share valuable insights designed to motivate founders and marketers in growing their Shopify stores. Together, we'll explore top-notch Shopify apps, marketing platforms, and vital growth tactics to enhance efficiency, boost profits, and strengthen customer loyalty. With every episode, you'll get closer to learning from the pros currently thriving in DTC, ecommerce, and retail!
Links and Resources Mentioned
Loved this episode? Reviews give the show social proof 🙂
“I love how Steve chats with interesting ecommerce partners to help Shopify entrepreneurs like me.” < If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps us support more people — like you — getting one step closer to their desired business growth. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then, let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven't done so already, follow the podcast. I'm adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed, and if you're not following, there's a good chance you'll miss out. Follow now!
Subscribe to the eCommerce Fastlane Podcast and get an instant notification when a new episode is released. We're available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Support Our Sponsor
Today’s supply chain is unreliable, and shoppers are actively seeking options to better protect the items they buy online. Our show sponsor, UPS Capital, recently commissioned research showing that 65% of consumers would be interested in requesting coverage for specific online orders.
They can do just that with UPS Capital’s InsureShield App for Shopify and its new consumer-elected feature. Consumers can elect to cover their purchase at checkout, and merchants can make a custom rule to add shipping insurance if a consumer passes. This added protection can enhance consumer confidence in your business – saving you time and improving your customer experience.