For five years running, our Bold Discounts app has been the number one discount and sales app on Shopify. Over 10,000 merchants use it to automatically change product prices for their sales and promotions.
They love that you can pre-schedule promotions, run multiple offers simultaneously, and even put on a storewide sale in under five minutes without promotion codes.
But don’t take our word for it — just check out some of the 800 five-star reviews it has on the Shopify app store!
BUT the number one thing merchants have always wanted was faster price changing. We listened.
Today, we’re proud to say we’ve released a new version that’s lightning-fast — it can change the prices of 1,000 products in under 10 seconds!
Plus, it’s got a few other new features worth mentioning as well!
Why you need the new Bold Discounts
These key improvements give you more control and options over your sales and promotions. The free trial is available to everyone, even if you already have the old version!
Discount your products FASTER than ever before! Storefront prices change at a rate of 1000 products every 10 seconds, while the prices in your Shopify admin change at a rate of one product per second, the fastest currently possible on the platform.
However, Discounts will still charge your customers the correct sale price; even when it’s still discounting your products in the back-end. Learn more.
You can apply discounts at a VARIANT level
You can now offer discounts on specific product variants — like color and size — to maximize profitability.
You can run multiple promotions WITHOUT combining discounts
Intelligent logic automatically selects and displays the best offer on your storefront so you can run multiple offers without the risk of discounts stacking or being combined at checkout.
For example, if you’re selling all your watches at a fixed discount price of $75, but you’re also running a storewide sale at 20% off, a $100 watch will automatically display as $75. Without Discounts, your store might add the 20% discount to the $75 price and list your watch at $60.
There are no more product duplicates
Bold Discounts doesn’t duplicate any variants on your store, making it easier to sync with inventory systems and better for your search engine ranking.
An optimized, mobile-friendly UI lets you manage and activate sales from your mobile device with the Shopify mobile app.
Why run discount sales?
Strategic discounts and sales should be a key part of your marketing plan. A survey found that small businesses estimate 17.7% percent of their total business in the next 12 months will be generated by promotions like discount deals.
With Bold Discounts you can create all kinds of flash sales or daily deals:
- Sales on a specific brand or vendor
- Sales by product type
- Sales on a collection
- Sales on a hand-picked group of products
- Sales that are applied storewide
Bold Discounts: A powerful Shopify sales app
Never used Discounts before? That’s okay! Here’s a quick recap of all the features you can use to make your sales and promotions successful. You’ll see that it does a lot more than just change prices!
- Pre-schedule sales: Schedule your sales to start and stop whenever you want. As mentioned before, you can run multiple offers at once without worrying about discounts combining or stacking. Products automatically revert back to their original price once the sale is over.
- “Compare at” prices: Display the original price of every product you’re discounting so shoppers always know the great deal they’re getting. The regular price sits next to the sale price with a strikethrough line so customers can see how much they’re saving right from the product and collection pages.
- Countdown timers: Create urgency and motivate shoppers to buy now by displaying a fully-customizable live countdown timer on every item on your store. You can even add it to your home page with one line of code.
- Homepage features: Draw attention to your sale items by highlighting your daily deals and feature items on your homepage, so everyone on your site can see them.
- Prices sync in all your sales channels: Since discounts are made directly in your Shopify admin, prices will also change in any supported sales channels your store is connected to, like Amazon, Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook.
- NEW! Discount by variant: Easily offer different discounts on variants of a product to make more money.
- NEW! No product duplicates: Bold Discounts doesn’t duplicate any variants on your store, making inventory systems easier to manage. Avoiding duplicates can also be beneficial for SEO.
- NEW! Manage VIP and wholesale promotions: Combine Bold Discounts with Bold Custom Pricing for full flexibility in pricing and promotions to specific customer groups.
- NEW! Intelligent logic to manage multiple offers: Run multiple offers simultaneously without the risk of stacking or combining discounts. Bold Discounts automatically displays the best deal on your storefront for every product.
- NEW! Discount to a fixed price: Customize your sales by offering discounts at a percentage off, dollar amount off, or at a fixed price. For example, “All Jeans: $20.” You can also discount by a percentage or dollar amount off just like with the old Discounts.
- NEW! Optimized and mobile-friendly UI: Change prices and manage sales on your mobile device with your Shopify mobile app
- IMPROVED! Custom sales icons: Add sale icons, images, a custom block of text, or custom HTML to products when they are on sale (Sale, Final Sale, New Markdowns, etc). When the sale is live they appear, when the sale is over they automatically disappear.
Is the new Bold Discounts right for you?
While the new Bold Discounts is definitely more powerful, there are few features from the old version that aren’t available yet with the new app.
- The app can’t create upsell BOGO offers with Bold Upsell. However, BOGO offers are now a key feature of Bold Bundles and you can set them up easily with that app. Learn More.
- The app no longer supports auto-tagging. You have to hand-select products or filter them through a collection, vendor, or product type.
- The new Bold Discounts does not currently support Shopify’s Kit.
- The new app does not currently integrate with Bold Product Options.
If none of these apply to you, you’re definitely ready to start your free trial of the new Bold Discounts!
Some tips for discounting products on your Shopify store
We hope this helped you decide if Bold Discounts is right for you. But remember, there’s a lot more to a sale than just discounting your prices!
It’s important to be deliberate and strategic with what kind of sales you offer to make sure they’re profitable. To help you choose what amount you should discount your products, take a look at this post on Psychological pricing: A secret sauce to more sales.
Are you planning on running a sale in the near future? Let us know the details of what you’re offering in the comments below!
This article was originally published by our friends at Bold Commerce.